The senior exam exemption is designed to encourage students to stay academically focused during their last semester at ARHS. Students who meet the criteria below will be exempted from taking final exams during the spring semester. The exemption does not pertain to final projects, papers or other assessments. The eligibility criteria for senior exam exemption will also be modified in accordance with any specific IEP or 504 stipulations.
To be exempt from final exams, ALL of the following must apply:
- The student must have an average of B minus (or higher) for second semester in the designated class as of Friday, May 18, 2018.
- The student must not accrue more than six (6) absences in the designated class between Monday, February 26 and Friday, May 18, 2018.
- The student must have NO unexcused absences between Monday, February 26 and Friday, May 18, 2018. An unexcused absence in one class will disqualify the student from the exam exemption in all classes.
- The student must not accrue more than four (4) tardies in the designated class between Monday, February 26 and Friday, May 18, 2018.
- To avoid any last-minute surprises, students are encouraged to use the PowerSchool portal to monitor their attendance throughout the semester.
- Exam exemption is optional for seniors. If a student meets the above criteria for eligibility, he or she is still allowed to take the final exam if it is advantageous to do so.
- The grade calculated on Friday, May 18 is NOT a final grade. It simply determines eligibility for this exemption. A student’s grade may drop below a B minus after this date.
- Disciplinary infractions may affect a student’s eligibility for this exemption.
- Seniors are required to attend all classes through June 1, 2018.