All boys who are interested in playing soccer this summer are invited to register for the Amherst Summer Soccer
The basics for the high school summer soccer league are pretty straightforward:
– play begins around Wednesday, June 13;
– there are 11 games, plus playoffs;
– often two games per week, usually on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays;
– there is an expanded roster to accommodate for summer vacation plans;
– the cost, including jersey, is $80 per player; or $65 without a jersey
– the summer league website is http://www.pvssl.net.
If your son is interested in playing, I need the following:
1. completed the attached waiver form, signed by the player AND a parent;
2. a small 1″ by 1″ heat shot shot of the player; and
3. a check payable to me, Todd Felton, for $80.00 (the fee covers league registration, referee fees, field rental and numbered jersey). If your son already has a jersey and doesn’t need another, you can pay $65.00.
I’ve attached the waiver forms. If the player is under 18, then both the player and parent must sign the form. This form is required for participation in the league.
Players can hand the waivers and checks to either Liam Felton, Itai Zilberstein, or Sam Brannin at the high school. You can also mail them to me at 37 Wildflower Drive, Amherst 01002.
Please spread the word to anyone you know who is or may be interested in playing high school soccer this upcoming year. We also need coaches for both teams. The boys do most of the coaching and subbing themselves, so no soccer knowledge required.