This e-mail describes scholarship procedures for 2019. Find the local scholarship/memorial awards booklet and the ARHS Scholarship Application form linked to this e-mail.
1. The ARHS local scholarship/memorial awards booklet and the 2019 Scholarship Application are also posted on the ARHS website: http://arhs.arps.org/academics/guidance_office/college_and_career_planning/and in the “document library” on your Naviance home page in a folder called “Local Scholarships.” Print copies will also be available in the Guidance Office.
The booklet is divided into two parts. The first contains scholarships that use the ARHS Common Scholarship Application. The second contains local and regional scholarships that have independent application procedures.
The ARHS scholarship application process will be entirely electronic. You will submit via e-mail for each scholarship for which you decide to apply.
- Save the application (attached to this e-mail) into a folder on your computer.
- Complete the application AS A WORD DOCUMENT.
- Change the title of the scholarship at the top, and likely the essay you paste at the bottom, for each scholarship you apply for.
- Attach the completed application to an e-mail and put the EXACT TITLE of the scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
- Submit the scholarship application to: email@example.com
- Repeat the process for each application you intend to submit. Just change the name of the scholarship at the top of the application, the essay you paste into the bottom, and the subject line of the e-mail. That’s all there is to it!
We hope you will submit carefully completed applications for the scholarships for which you believe you qualify. Remember to tailor essays to the specific qualifications described for each scholarship. Awards are designed to invite seniors with many different interests, abilities and backgrounds.
Our deadline for receiving ARHS scholarship applications is 3:30 p.m. on Monday, April 1, no exceptions!
2. Many scholarships are not in the booklet because they are not local. Check the Scholarships section of Naviance ASAP. Application procedures and deadlines vary.
If official transcripts or letters of recommendation are required for scholarships listed in Part Two or in Naviance, be sure to enter the name in Naviance under:
colleges /transcripts /request transcripts for scholarships or athletics.
Indicate which materials need to be sent in the notes section at the bottom. Make sure you provide a deadline and deadline type (postmarked or received by).
- The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts: http://www.Communityfoundation.org. offers various scholarships and zero-interest loans. You submit one online application and they decide what you qualify for. They require the completed application including essay, your Student Aid Report from the FAFSA and an unofficial transcript, submitted online. Their deadline for all materials is March 31. E-mail Miss Garrity (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask her to send you your unofficial transcript. If you are applying to UMass, you should definitely complete the Community Foundation application because that’s how you qualify for the Wilbur Ward scholarship.
- IMPORTANT: If you think you may be going to UMass Amherst, you should absolutely apply for the Charles Dickinson scholarship. Women choosing UMass should also apply for the Lizzie Dickinson scholarship. See booklet for instructions.
Myra Ross, College Advisor
SCHOLARSHIP BOOKLET 2019.pdf