Each year the Community Foundation of Western Mass offers over 130 different scholarships and 2 different interest-free loans, resulting in over 1000 individual scholarship and loan awards of approximately $2 million.The good news is you just have to submit one application and you will be matched with all of the scholarships for which you’re eligible.
Two scholarships of note for ARHS students are the First National Bank of America Centennial Educational Scholarship Fund, which is specifically for graduating ARHS seniors, and the Wilbur. H. H. Ward Education Fund, with a preference for Amherst residents attending UMass Amherst.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AND LOANS WHEN YOU COMPLETE ALL THE STEPS BELOW BY MARCH 31
- You complete and submit the online application.
- You upload your most recent academic transcript containing all the information listed below.
- Your name,
- The name of your high school, college, or university,
- If you provide us with a copy of your transcript from a student portal and it does not include the name of your college, university, or high school, it must clearly show the name in a url:,
- All classes you have taken with the grades you received in each class,
- Courses you are currently taking but haven’t yet received a grade,
- Classes you are registered for but haven’t yet taken (this may not apply to some students),
- Your cumulative GPA for all your classes taken to date.
- If your high school, college or university does not calculate GPA we will accept it.
- You upload all pages of your 2020-2021 Student Aid Report(the document you receive, usually by email, once you complete the FAFSA).
*** NOTE: Sometimes students upload incorrect documents with their application and don’t realize it. If this happens, and you don’t resubmit accurate information by March 31, your application is considered incomplete and won’t be considered for scholarships and loans. We encourage you to follow up with us at email@example.com to be sure your application is complete on time.