Friday, June 5, 2020 beginning at 3:15 PM
Seniors and your families are invited to decorate their vehicle and join their classmates for a celebratory pre-graduation parade through the streets of Amherst. Please depart from your elementary school at the times listed below. Proceed to the start point for a 3:15 PM departure!
All other community members are invited to watch the procession as it makes it way through town. Signs and noise makers are welcome. Please wear masks and practice physical distancing!
The parade will have a police escort- please follow this route:
- At 3:15pm START ON MAIN STREET, at the intersection of Northeast Street and Southeast Street.
- DRIVE UP to downtown past the Emily Dickinson Museum.
- TURN RIGHT ONTO EAST PLEASANT STREET. Drive through town to the Rotary.
- At the ROTARY CONTINUE ON EAST PLEASANT STREET.
- TURN RIGHT ON CHESTNUT STREET toward the Middle School.
- TURN RIGHT TOWARD THE HIGH SCHOOL where there will be much fanfare in the parking lot.
- EXIT via TRIANGLE STREET, either right or left.
SAFETY: In order to comply with the law and stay safe, please:
- Wear a face mask when outside of your vehicle
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from people who are not members of your household
- Obey traffic laws
- Do not exit your vehicle at any time
- Take only one vehicle per household in the parade
- Parade onlookers should maintain social distancing with 6′ between, and should not approach the vehicles for safety.
- Traffic flow for the general public will be slow during this parade.
After the parade, families and community members are invited to watch the virtual graduation ceremony on Amherst Media community television at: http://220.127.116.11/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=1
View the parade flyer, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FMG3CgzZfyvFFb0GG-E1uwAA6iybfaOe/view?usp=sharing
The downtown Amherst business community has been very supportive of ARHS Class of 2020 Seniors and their graduation. Please consider supporting the many downtown restaurants which are open for curbside take out or delivery.