- Complete “Life After ARHS Survey (54 or 22 Qs) for College Conference in Naviance
- Make appointment with Ms. Cuffee-Gray to talk about plan for after high school (link)
- Make appointment with your counselor to talk about your recommendation (link)
- Return signed Lime Green release form to Ms. Garrity (email@example.com)!!!!!!!!!
- Complete Education Section part of Common App (Common App colleges only – link)
- Complete short answer part of Common App (Common App colleges only)
- Sign FERPA Waiver in Common App (it is advised to waive seeing recs link)
- List the schools that you are applying to in Naviance (link)
- Connect Naviance with Common App (video)
- Complete college essay (Monday workshops @3pm – link and/or share with Amanda Lewis, Writing Center Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Ms. Cuffee-Gray (email@example.com)
- Review Supplemental Essay Requirements and write them (in Common App and Admissions sites – great advice on supplements link)
- Get FSAIDs for you and parent from FAFSA.ed.gov (link)
- Complete FAFSA (link)
- Complete CSS Profile if required by your college (private selective colleges – link)
- Request transcripts in Naviance (link)
- Request recommendations in Naviance three weeks before first deadline (link)
- Applying Early Decision or Early Action? Be ready to submit to your Plan B schools in mid-December. Review the application and supplements so that you don’t have to scramble.
- If you have a January 1st or 15th (or beyond) deadline, work to complete your application by the first week of December so that we are able to fully support your application process.
- Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from your school counselor, Ms. Garrity, or Your Friendly Neighborhood College and Career Advisor! (link)
- Note: Do not request recommendations in school based applications (American International College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT) Georgetown University…) ONLY REQUEST IN NAVIANCE! TRUST US!!!
College Essay Support
Mondays 3:00-3:30 with Amanda Lewis and Deidre Cuffee-Gray in Drop in sessions – workshop your essay and/or generate ideas (Link)
College Essay Guy – awesome podcasts
How to Improve Your Essay in 20 Minutes
Great College Essay Test
Naviance Common App Videos
- Logging Into Naviance https://tinyurl.com/ARHSNavianceLogin2020
- Colleges in Naviance – Searching, Thinking About, Applying To, Requesting Recommendations https://tinyurl.com/ARHSNavianceColleges2020
- Requesting Recommendations and Transcripts in Naviance https://tinyurl.com/ARHSNavianceRecsTrans2020
- Common App, FERPA Waiver, Matching Common App and Naviance https://tinyurl.com/ARHSCommonAppMatch2020
Transcript, Teacher and School Counselor Requests Must be Made Three Weeks Prior to Your 1st Deadline
Late Requests Risk Less Thoughtful Recommendations and Late Material Submissions