ARHS Open House Thursday, October 7th, 6:30pm-7:45pm
ARHS will run an open house next Thursday, October 7th. This will be a virtual synchronous evening with individual Google Meet sessions starring your students’ teachers for each class period. The schedule for the evening is as follows:
A period 6:30-6:45
B period 6:50-7:05
C period 7:10-7:25
D period 7:30-7:45
You will receive individual GoogleMeet invites directly from the teachers via email. Teachers will be sending these invites out early next week. As you can see from this schedule we will have a 5 minute “passing period” that allows you to transition between classes.
Here are some of the topics you should hear about in each 15-minute class session:
- Overview of the course and description of something interesting that has or is happening
- Description of the major assignments
- Discussion of some important classroom routines
- Description of how students will be assessed and graded
- Explanation of daily assignment expectations and how these are communicated with students
- Description of how to best be in contact with the teacher and ways to access additional support
* Given that this event will only include teachers, the ARHS counselors offer this message:
We are really enjoying getting to know new students and continuing to reconnect with returning students. Families are encouraged to reach out to their child’s school counselor with any questions as they come up throughout the year.
If you have additional questions, you can ask them during the PGO Coffee with the Principal on Wednesday, October 27th, at 6:30pm. More information will be shared about that event as it gets closer.
Outdoor Lunches, Outdoor Classes, and Mask Breaks
As suggested by the superintendent’s office we will be taking mask breaks outside and eating lunch outside every day. Many teachers will also hold their class sessions outside. Now that the weather is changing, please be sure students come to school with appropriate clothing for outdoor time. They might consider leaving a warm jacket, coat, rain jacket, and umbrella in their locker for these times. There won’t be an option to stay inside while others are going outside.