Below is some important scholarship information.
- The Community Foundation deadline is this Friday, irrespective of the weather. They accept nothing late. You must complete their application including your SAR (emailed to you shortly after you submitted the FAFSA), and we must send them an official transcript, which you must request through Naviance (colleges/transcripts/transcripts for scholarships or athletics. See Mrs. Cappelli or Mrs. Tracy for help with this if you need it. This is also how you must request any other official transcripts you need.
- Change in scholarship policy regarding the awards from Crocker Farm, Wildwood and Fort River. Since some of you were redistricted to a new school for sixth grade, you were not able to graduate from a school that you attended for at least three years. Please mention the redistricting in your essay and apply for the scholarship at your original school unless your experience at your sixth grade school was really transformative. Remember, scholarship applications are due Monday at 3:30, no exceptions.
- One of your classmates sent me a correction to my e-mail about the Dickinson scholarships to UMass. The message I passed along to you said there is no application. Technically, that is correct. However, it is not correct that all you need to do is send an e-mail expressing interest. Here’s what they sent her about what you need to do: “For incoming freshman applying for scholarships please email us back with your 8-digit spire id, major, hometown, activities/clubs, community service, and any other generic information you want to add. We will then put you on our scholarship list for next Fall (2017). You will be considered for any scholarships that are available.”
- If there is a reasonable chance that you will attend UMass, complete the Community Foundation application (see #1) because there are UMass-specific awards you might get!
- Remember, if you are applying for the Koplik Certificate of Mastery that will provide a tuition reduction to Massachusetts public colleges if you begin in the fall of 2017, you must give the completed application to Mrs Tracy in 309 by April 24. Eligible students were informed by mail last spring. If you don’t remember whether you are eligible or if you need another copy of the application, see Mrs. Tracy. The application requires qualifying subject test or AP scores. If you already have them, give her a copy of your official score reports. If you have not yet taken the tests you need, indicate the tests you hope to use on the application form. Qualifying Scores received through July will be eligible.