- If you are planning to attend a community college and have not yet applied or taken the Accuplacer test, required of all entering students, you should do those things ASAP. It’s almost time to register for fall classes and you’ll want to take care of it as early as you can to get the classes you want.
- HCC registration day is Saturday, April 8. GCC Open House is Tuesday, April 18 and registration begins on Tuesday, April 19. You will want to attend these events if you intend to enroll. Check the college websites (hcc.edu and gcc.mass.edu) for precise information.
- The FAFSA deadline for the Mass Grant, available to Pell recipients is May 1. This deadline applies primarily to low-income students who are going to community colleges and have not yet filed a FAFSA.
- If you have not heard about your admissions or financial aid status from any colleges by April 10, you should call them to get the information you need.
- Please indicate all admissions decisions in Naviance (connection.naviance.com/amherst). When you have made your college decision, please “set the attending college under “Colleges I’m Thinking About.” Then go to “About Me,” and do both the Graduation Survey and Graduation survey Supplement. Total completion time, 4 minutes! .”
- If you are having trouble deciding between your colleges, comparing your packages or figuring out how you can possibly pay for this, you should come to the MEFA presentation “Paying for College” in the ARHS cafeteria on Thursday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m. There is a group presentation and the speaker will talk to families individually afterward if needed. Bring your financial aid award letters. This is not only for parents. Students should attend.
- I am available for appointments with senior families who would like to discuss appealing financial aid awards, handling waitlists or any other college admission matters.
- IMPORTANT, you can deposit at only one college before May 1. We will send only one final transcript for each graduate.
- I know that this can be a very difficult time for many seniors. Please see me or your guidance counselor if you would like some help.