1) Seniors received an email with the details for the ARHS and local scholarships which are due April 1st.
See the following attachment: Poster2020.pdf
2) How to Request Scholarships Via Naviance: Please request scholarships via Naviance (versus sending a request via email to Ms. Garrity, or your counselor).
Here are the instructions:
Step 1: Go to “College I’m Applying To”
Step 2: Click on Manage Transcripts
Step 3: Here you can see the date you requested it, the date it is due and when it was mailed.
REQUESTING OTHER TRANSCRIPTS for Scholarships, Athletics, Ect: STEP
1: From the Manage Transcripts Page:
1. Click the red addition sign:
2. Then click on Other Transcripts.
Attachments: How to Request a Transcript.pdf
For further information, contact Deidre Cuffee-Gray, ARHS College and Career Counselor, phone – 413 362-1720; email – email@example.com
3) Amherst Orchid Society Scholarship. The Amherst Orchid Society, established circa 1983 and of which I am a member, is offering a $500 scholarship for students intending to major in plant sciences, agriculture and/or related earth science disciplines in college. Awards are made based on the applicants essay addressing their serious intention and passion for the subject.
Any questions may be directed to Maryanne Laukaitis, as well as completed applications. An award is intended to be announced in mid-May 2020. Last year we awarded 2 scholarships to Easthampton High School graduating seniors.
Return completed application to Maryanne Laukaitis: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2020
Use Subject line ‘Amherst Orchid Society Scholarship Application for “your name”
Scholarship recipient will be required to submit proof of completing and passing the first semester at college or university, by submitting grades or other document from the institution’s Registrar’s office. Award will then be sent by the Amherst Orchid Society’s Treasurer.
For further information, see this attachment: Amh Orchid Soc Scholarship Appl 2020.pdf