Dear Jones Library Patron,
Thank you so much for your patience and for holding onto your library materials during these last 3 months. We’ve missed you.
We are happy to report that we are READY FOR YOU TO RETURN YOUR LIBRARY MATERIALS! You can begin returning your library materials to the Jones Library on Thursday, June 18!
Please read these instructions carefully. Nothing is quite the same as it was!
- Where do I return my library materials?A new place! Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. please use the book drop at the BACK OF THE JONES LIBRARY next to the back entrance. We suggest you walk from the CVS parking lot off of North Prospect St., down the paved path to the back door of the library. You will see the book drop slot to the left of the door.The outdoor book drop near the entrance of the library’s driveway on Amity Street will be open: After 5:00 p.m. every day, Saturdays until 1:00 pm, and all day Sunday. This book drop will be locked at all other times.
- Can I return materials to one of the branches?No. Please return all your library materials to the Jones Library for now.
- Will my materials be checked in immediately?No. For staff safety, we will not touch your returned materials for at least 7 days. This means that items you return will remain checked out to you for at least 7 days. Thank you for trusting us to remove them from your record after the quarantine period. Remember, the Jones Library is fine free!
- Can I donate items to the library during this time?No, please do not put any items in our book drops that are not library materials. We cannot accept any donations at this time.
- Is it okay to put DVDs and CDs in the book drops?Yes. Thank you for either putting an elastic band around them, or for putting them in a sealed bag. We greatly appreciate your care in making sure all discs are accounted for before you return them.
- Can I check out materials at this time?Not yet, but we are hoping to start lending sometime in July! Thank you for returning your materials now. Your returns will provide us with more great materials to lend out soon!
- What if I have a question for a staff member?Please keep in mind that the library building is closed. Staff have been instructed not to come into close contact with patrons or other staff. Please do not knock on the library door. Please call us at 413-259-3090 and leave us a message, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I cannot easily get to the library for health reasons or because of physical limitations. How can I get my items returned?If you live in Amherst, please email us at email@example.com. We will arrange for someone to pick your items up for you. Please stay home if you are sick and take care of yourself!
- Should I wear a mask when I return my library materials?Yes, thank you for wearing a mask if you are able to, and for following social distancing guidelines by maintaining a 6-foot distance from others who may be returning materials at the same time as you.
- Can I return materials to the Jones Library that belong to other libraries that I borrowed through Inter-Library Loan or through the CW MARS system?Yes!
- What can I do if I need to keep some library materials longer or if am out of town?Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.