Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Saturday, August 15, 2020, 9 AM to Noon
Fort River School
70 South East Street, Amherst, MA
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
· Open to all Amherst, Pelham, Shutesbury & Hadley residents.
· Preregister between 7/6/20 and 8/7/20. Register online
· No latex/acrylic house paint will be accepted.
· A list of acceptable materials is available in the Transfer Station office and online.
· There is a per-household limit of 25 pounds or 25 gallons (or combination) of material. Automotive oil & batteries are not included in this limit. Larger amounts will be accepted by only by special advance arrangement (call 413-259-3049).
· A $20 participation fee will apply to Amherst residents (waived for Transfer Station sticker owners). Non-Amherst residents will pay the full cost of the disposal unless the arrangement with their town government states otherwise. Fees will apply for fluorescent bulbs ($1 per bulb).